Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Mayor Joy Belmonte met with the Quezon City Pride Council (QCPC) on August 16 to ensure that the Gender Fair Ordinance is properly implemented. “Pangunahing inisyatiba ng local na gobyerno na namamahala sa pagbuo ng mga programa para sa m...
Commuters waiting for buses along Commonwealth Avenue no longer have to occupy one side of the highway to catch a ride. The Quezon City government has launched a “Libreng Sakay” program where commuters can ride buses for free going to ED...
Travel time to North and Central Luzon will now be reduced by around 30 minutes as the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), led by Secretary Mark Villar, formally opened on Tuesday the new 600-meter North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) ...
Celebrity chef and entrepreneur Martha Stewart toured some of Manila's landmarks before speaking to a group of businessmen at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Hotel. Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat and Manila Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso accompa...
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso expressed shock after the Manila Police District (MPD) confiscated hundreds of illegal firearms in Baseco Compound in Manila last week. Last August 11, MPD has recovered at least 62 assorted ...
With absolutely zero tolerance for corruption, Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte warned her subordinates on Thursday of unfavorable circumstances for any illegal acts in their performance of their duties. To recall, Belmonte stumbled on a wet and dry m...