Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
More than 500 international and domestic flights to/from Manila were canceled on December 3, according to the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA). MIAA general manager Ed Monreal said the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) was close...
San Miguel Corporation (SMC) said it re-opened the third at-grade lane of the Skyway and inaugurated a new, two-lane steel ramp connecting the Alabang viaduct to the elevated Skyway. The additional lanes are seen to ease traffic on the South Lu...
The Landbank of the Philippines has launched a financial assistance program to support former rebels (FRs) under the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP). Task Force Balik-Loob (TFBL) and LandBank signed a memorandum of agr...
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) asked the organizers of the Southeast Asian Games and host local government units (LGUs) to ensure proper waste management and implement “zero-waste-to-landfill” policy during the...
Poverty incidence in the Philippines eased to 16.6 percent in 2018 from 23.3 percent in 2018, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Undersecretary Adoracion Navarro said the latest...
Quezon City has reactivated a council to protect residents from undue price increases and ensure adequate supply of goods and commodities. Mayor Joy Belmonte, thru Executive Order No. 11, mandated the revival of the Quezon City Price Coordinating Co...